PL/SQL Programming (2 days)
OSQ-74: PL/SQL training to develop solutions with Oracle's programming objects and procedural extensions.
|pricing | more Oracle SQL training|
This highly practical course is aimed at Oracle database developers or power users with existing SQL experience. It teaches how to utilize Oracle's procedural extensions (variables, conditionals, looping and cursors) to develop solutions with programming objects (stored procedures, user defined functions and triggers).
Prior SQL experience is assumed. Ideally (though not mandatory), attendees will have either attended, or have the skill set from our introductory or foundation level SQL courses.
- PL/SQL in Context
- Creating and Executing PL/SQL
- PL/SQL Comments
- Working with Blocks
- Input and Output
Working with Variables and Constants
- Declaring and Assigning Variables
- Using Identifiers and Literals
- Assigning values with DEFAULT and NOT NULL
- Using SELECT INTO to assign values
- Introducing %TYPE and %ROWTYPE
Conditions and Flow Control
- Using Cursors
Stored Procedures and Functions
- Introducing Procedures and Functions
- Creating Procedures and Functions
- Editing Procedures and Functions
- Calling Procedures and Functions
- Working with Parameters
- Dropping Procedures and Functions
- Predefined PL/SQL Exceptions
- Using the Exception Handler
- Declaring PL/SQL Exceptions
- Scope and PL/SQL Exceptions
- Continuing After Errors
- Record Types and Collections
- Bind Variables
- Using Dynamic SQL
Working with Triggers
- Triggers Explained
- Types of Triggers
- Firing Triggers: BEFORE, AFTER
- Triggers and FOR EACH ROW
- Triggers and Conditions
- Enabled and Disabled Trigger Modes
- Triggers and Error Conditions
"Presented very well. I found the tutor to be knowledgeable and entertaining. He got me interested in a subject that would normally not be interesting."
"Met needs perfectly - a good grounding in SQL and the tools to take away to refresh myself if need be. The material to take away is ideal."
"Excellent course, would recommend to colleagues. The tutor did an excellent job of bringing alive what would otherwise have been quite a dry subject matter!"
Senior Account Manager